Last Minute Challenge Invasion: Power Rankings
After writing 1000+ word pieces I decided to compile a simple power ranking of players going into this season for those that just want to read one shorter piece. Here we go:
- Johnny Bananas: 13 Seasons, 6 time Champ, 8 finals, (7–6) elimination record. Biggest achievements: 1st Free Agents, 1st Exes 1, 1st Rivals 1. Bananas is the 6 time champ and the greatest player ever, even though I hate him he deserves the #1 rank.
- Darrell Taylor: 6 seasons, 4 time Champ, 4 finals, (3–1) elimination record. Biggest achievements: 1st Fresh Meat 1, 1st Inferno 2, Defeated Derrick in Fresh Meat 1 Exile. Darrell’s biggest weakness is his lack of connections going into a game of rookies. Still a physical juggernaut.
- CT(Chris Tamburello): 11 seasons, 1 time Champ, 5 finals, (4–3) elimination record. Biggest achievements: 1st Rivals 2, 2nd Exes 1, Backpacking Bananas on Cutthroat. CT has always been the greatest Challenge talent, but he’s never been the best player. Let’s see if an older CT can play the game this time around instead of getting played.
- Zach Nichols: 4 seasons, 1 time Champ, 2 finals, (3–2) elimination record. Biggest achievements: 1st Battle of the Seasons, 3rd Free Agents, Defeated CJ in Hall Brawl(BOTS2). Zach is a physical beast who has won a Challenge before and has the champs on his side, but a broken wrist will hold him back.
- Nelson Thomas: 1 season, 0 finals, (1–1) elimination record. Biggest achievements: Defeating Johnny Reilly in Rivals 3 elimination. While we have not gotten to see a lot of Nelson, his physique is incredibly dominant. Massive size, strength, and speed. Total athlete.
- Cory Wharton: 2 seasons, 1 final, (0–1) elimination record. Biggest achievements: 2nd Battle of the Bloodlines, sending Bananas into elimination home on Bloodlines. Cory had an impressive rookie season finishing second on Bloodlines with his cousin Mitch, and played a good game on Rivals 3 until he lost to Nate in an elimination. If you lose to Nate, you should feel shame for life.
- Hunter Barfield: 0 seasons. Figure of note: College baseball player. Hunter is coming from AYTO season 3, the best season of AYTO. He is incredibly ripped and bulky, he is a good swimmer, and might be one of the fastest guys in the house. His weakness is his stature. Could be the next Derrick.
- Dario Medrano: 2 seasons, 0 finals, (1–1) elimination record. Biggest achievements: 4th Rivals 3, Beating Wes in an elimination(Rivals 3). I cannot tell whether Dario is average or slightly above average. He dd well last season despite having a bad partner, but he did have a solid alliance due to Nany. Let’s see if Dario can bring it on this season.
- Shane Landrum: 4 seasons, 0 finals, (0–2) elimination record. Biggest achievements: Longest gap between Challenges. While Shane is not really a big physical threat, he gets along so well with all the females and is a vet, so he could coast his way through. When all the males are of average athleticism, being social matters more.
- Anthony Bartolotte: 0 seasons. Biggest achievements: hooking up with 9 out of the 11 girls on his AYTO season. I am a bit skeptic to Anthony’s total athleticism in comparison to some of the other guys on this season. He will play the girls, and he will be a fun guy to have around.
- Theo Bradley: 0 seasons. Biggest achievements: High School State Kick Off Return record. I think Theo will be a little bit more of a flop on this season as nobody knew who he was at all. He is athletic, but it might take a season for him to get going.
- Tony Raines: 2 season, 0 finals, (0–0) elimination record. I think Tony could be good at the game, but he has not even gotten to see an elimination as his means of exiting the show yet.
- Bruno Bettencourt: O seasons. Stats of Note: Almost had a fistfight over someone eating hid hamburger in the Real World house. Now a Vegan! A lot of peolle have been anticipating Bruno’s arrival to the game as he is very into fitness and modelling, but so are 95% of the other guys on reality tv. I think he’s too emotional to do well on his first season of the Challenge.
- Laurel Stucky: 4 seasons, 4 finals, (8–0) elimination record. Biggest achievements: 1st Free Agents, 2nd Rivals 1, 2nd Fresh Meat 2. One of the greatest female competitors, possibly the greatest. She uses her size to her advantage and is good at every facet of the game. This is her stiffest competition ever on a Challenge in a female division though.
- Cara Maria Sorbello: 8 seasons, 4 finals, (11–4) elimination record. Biggest achievements: 1st Bloodlines, 2nd Rivals 2, defeated Bananas and Aneesa in eliminations on Bloodlines. This is Cara coming back on the Challenge for the first time as a Champion! She is a top 5 female ever, and another win could jump her into the top 3.
- Jenna Compono: 3 seasons, 3 finals, (3–0) elimination record. Biggest achievements: 2nd Rivals 3, 3rd Bloodlines, never been eliminated. For the underdogs, Jenna is the biggest challenger with the most history and is ready to go after her first win. Fresh off a second and third place finish in the last two seasons, Jenna is ready to win. #BarbieBeast
- Nicole Zanatta: 0 seasons. Stats of Note: Bodybuilding competition and HS male football. She might be a rookie, but she’s the most stacked female body and competitor entering a Challenge since Emily Schromm.
- Camila Nakagawa: 8 seasons, 2 finals, (6–4) elimination record. Biggest achievements: 1st Exes, 3rd Rivals 2, carrying Jemmye to a final. Camila had one of the great all time seasons when she carried Jemmye to the final on Rivals 2. It was followed by a tough loss to Theresa in Free Agents. She hasn’t seen an elimination in a couple years as she has lot due to external circumstances. Hopefully we get a much more focused Camila on this season. I want to see her lose fairly.
- Ashley Kelsey: 1 season, 1 final, (1–0) elimination record. Biggest achievements: 1st Battle of the Seasons. Ashley is not very well known or remembered, but she spends serious time in the gym and does a lot of crossfit. She will surprise you with her athleticism.
- Ashley Mitchell: 1 season, 0 finals, (0–1) elimination record. Biggest achievements: Winning a daily challenge on Rivals 3, and getting kicked out of the RW house in the first 3 episodes. America loves Smashley, and she showed flashes of being a strong competitor last season. She has put some good work in the gym in the last year and a half.
- Marie Roda: 1 season, 0 finals, (1–1) elimination record. Biggest achievements: Defeating Cara Maria in oil wrestling, and defeating Nany/Alton with Robb in an elimination on BOTS 2. Like Ashley, she is coming back for the first time since Battle of the Seasons. Marie was very strong a few years ago, but she’s been working a real life job away from reality tv life. Can she be dominant?
- Amanda Garcia: 1 season, 0 finals, (1–1) elimination record. Biggest achievements: Getting into a fight with Camila, and sending home Jessica on Rivals 3. Amanda seems to be a lot more calm this season, well she might not be, but she has made friends with Ashley, Marie, and Shane it seems like from social media. Having friends can take you far.
- Kailah Casillas: 0 seasons. Biggest achievements: hooking up with 2 guys from her Real World season. The rumor mill from twitter shade is that Kailah sent multiple male competitors nudes before coming on the show in order to garner votes. If this is true, this is awesome.
- LaToya Jackson: 1 season, 0 finals, (1–1) elimination record. Biggest achievements: Yelling at Jordan on Free Agents, beating Jemmye in the Ball In elimination(Free Agents). She displayed some speed during Free Agents, but was mostly average to below average. A fan favorite from the St. Thomas season, it is cool to see her back on the Challenge.
- Sylvia Elsrode: 0 seasons. Sorry, Sylvia probably isn’t going to do amazing. Welcome to the Challenge.
- Anika Rashuan: 0 seasons. Anika was very enjoyable wallpaper on her season of the Real World, but she is very tiny and will not last long.