Champs vs Stars Episode 4 Recap: A broken team and a broken ankle
Drake Bell loves eating steak, so much so that he has steak and eggs for breakfast with Ashley and Shane. This is followed by a highlight reel of him eating steak at every meal in the Champs vs Stars hotel. Why do we need this clip? I don’t know. Nonetheless, we then see Brooke Hogan facetiming MTV’s Hogan Knows Best Star, Hulk Hogan. CT walks by and gets to talk to Hulk Hogan during the call. Brooke talks to him about the intense nature of the champs. Hulk tells her to cheat if she has to, in order to win. CT responds “if you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying”. After CT leaves, Hulk tells Brooke to not mess around or be too dirty while playing.
Before the daily challenge we get to see a lunch talk between Ashley, Tori, and Wes all enjoying each others company. Ashley is trying to be Ms. Champs Congeniality.
The Daily Challenge
This daily challenge was great in theory, but dumb in execution. A player will kick a ball forward (10 yard minimum). They will run and pick up the ball, then try to run through an entire field of players (everyone else in the game) holding balls. Some players are blockers, others are defenders, either way, they are clogging space, therefore, it is incredibly difficult to score.
Before we get into specifics, let me note, out of 14 total attempts, the only person to score was Casper Smart, leading the Blue Team to victory. The most important rounds were:
- Wes and CT are the strategists for their teams. Wes informs his team to try to block one person of choice and create space for their runners. CT and Devin are focused on getting a running start towards the opposite side and creating space to scramble. Shane wants detailed instructions saying “I don’t play sports, I watch gay porn”.
- During Lil Mama’s round, she shows absolutely no fear even though she does little. Best part is she curses out Booby thereafter with trademark swagger.
- Kailah has one of the best rounds — taking multiple hits, she eventually falls from a Casper hit.
- Aneesa’s round leads to Ashley falling on her face and then someone falling on her. She thinks she might have broken her nose, Aneesa tells her to take the hit and keep going.
- Drake Bell has a good round until he gets absolutely smashed by CT.
- Louise has a great run till she gets blindsided by Devin.
- Wes had the best first round and came within 5ft of the goal. He and CT were obviously the two toughest players as they made it the farthest while taking a lot of hits.
- Brooke Hogan chooses not to participate after seeing Ashley almost get injured. This angers Ashley, who keeps getting hit by Casper. She notes that he has “a bigger ego than her tits”.
- CT’s round resulted in Aneesa breaking her ankle while attempting to knock him down. At least he didn’t make it too far.
- Devin tried to pull one over on them by getting everyone off-sides and it worked to an extent, however he puts too much distance between himself and the goal.
- Casper gets the most space from his blockers and uses the holes and his speed to get the only point.
Wes challenges Louise to a mini-hurdle race following the mission. He hustles her with some of the worst hurdle form possible.
When he wins, Wes wants a commitment from Louise, to be her #1, stating he is the best player left in his group. Wes tells her to make him MVP and they will return the favor the following week. Louise’s loyalty remains with the Stars and she will continue to play him. His deal was not good enough.
Casper and Tori fight over which of them should be nominated MVP. Tori wants it because it’s a girls elimination, and Casper performed the best so he wants it. Brooke agrees to go in for the Red Team as she quit the challenge, angering CT, who tells her he is disappointed. She breaks down, however, CT later apologizes and gives her a hug.
Due to Aneesa’s injury, elimination is cancelled. However, the Blue Team still needs to award an MVP for the powerplay. Tori and Tony vote for Tori, while Wes votes for Casper because he believes Casper will do something dumb, and the Stars all vote Louise. The Champs are infuriated by Wes’ move, even though it would be a 3–4 vote regardless.
With the powerplay, Louise switches Tori (their worst Champ), with Ashley. She does so because Ashley has been playing the best game on the Red Team, and now they can throw her in against them. Wes and Ashley who have been two of the best players in the game are now trapped by Louise, and Ashley is not happy about it whatsoever. She has a meltdown that will be picked up next week.